This summer we are focusing our recipes to feature seasonal ingredients, and we asked our readers to let us know if there were any particular vegetables or fruits they’d like us to share. One of the requests was for a new way to use summer cucumbers besides the salad topping classic. And here we go – we took thinly sliced cucumbers and an array of other summer veggies from to make this delicious and quick pickled veggie mix. These pickled veggies are the perfect topping for tacos, ramen noodles, or sandwiches.
Ready in 40 minutes; Makes 3 cups
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Transfer to a quart size mason jar, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. These veggies taste great as a topping on tacos, ramen noodles, or our favorite, Chinese BBQ Pork Sliders.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Use a mandoline or sharp knife to thinly slice the vegetables.