We will start this New Year with some cleansing and grounding from the inside out. This cleansing juice is meant to help you start your day in a refreshing way and with a healthy dose of veggies, fruits, roots, herbs, and plants. There is no set in stone recipe for this juice. You can play with the ingredients to get it to please your taste buds. We like to drink this juice every so often (for 1 week every month or so) to keep things regular 🙂
Ready in 5 minutes – Makes 1 serving
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- 1 inch slice of Aloe Vera leaf (approximately 1 tbsp gel)
- 1/8 cucumber
- 1/4 green apple
- 1 slice pineapple
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1/2 stalk celery
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Dime size piece of ginger, peeled
- 250 ml Water (or enough to cover ingredients in blender)
Cut about a 1 inch piece of the Aloe Vera leaf from the bottom. Cut off the spiky edges along the sides. Next, slice off the skin on the flat side, remove the clear gel. Make sure to wash the gel thoroughly to remove all traces of dirt, debris and latex residue.
Place the gel and the remainder of the ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- You can add more of any of the ingredients to taste
- You can use Aloe Vera Juice sold at stores instead of the Aloe Vera Gel from the leaf.
- Ginger is best if used fresh, you can buy fresh ginger and freeze it for future use
Important to note:
Aloe Vera is generally safe for most people, but if you have an underlying health condition or take medicines, talk to your doctor before using aloe as it could react with other medications and substances. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, and children under the age of 12, should avoid the oral use of aloe vera.