Now that school is back in session, our mornings have been a little more hectic. While it’s important to feed our kids a nutritious, brain fueling breakfast before school, we don’t always have the time (or energy) to whip up such a thing. These breakfast sandwiches can be prepped on the weekend and easily reheated throughout the week. Besides being delicious, these sandwiches are so versatile- you can vary the meat protein with sliced turkey, ham, or even sausage or make it vegetarian with your favorite veggies.
Ready in 30 min – Serves 6
To make these sandwiches you’ll need:
- 6 eggs
- 2T milk
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 slices cheese (your favorite)
- 6 english muffins
Start with the eggs:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan.
- Beat eggs and milk, sprinkle salt and pepper, add chopped spinach.
- Pour egg mixture into 6 wells of muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 min.
- Slice open an english muffin. Layer cheese, bacon, and egg on one half of muffin. Place top slice of muffin on egg. Repeat for all sandwiches.
- Store in airtight container in fridge up to 5 days
- Recipe can easily be doubled. Once sandwiches are assembled, place in single layer in airtight container. If stacking sandwiches, place a layer of wax or parchment paper between each layer to prevent from sticking.
- Use sliced turkey or ham or sausage in place of bacon if you prefer or omit meat and add more veggies for a vegetarian version.